These awards were selected by a one person panel (me, Jay Ho). This is completely subjective and meant to showcase people who I think have done a great service to the program.
Tim VV as Shawn B
This award will be shared by both Set A and Set B. You are both awesome and there isn’t any real rivalry between the two because: we are all OPMT (the very best).
Best Set Rep:
Anna – Anna has done a great job as the rep for OPMT Set B. She works super hard and has been a real role model. Keep up the good work. Watch out ’cause Set A will have a new set rep next semester!
This award will bring up the most debate and controversy. Everyone has a differing opinion on teaching styles and expectations. This year’s teacher of the year award goes to……
Chris Craxton – Although Chris may not be a teacher employed by BCIT, he gave many students a much better chance at passing microeconomics. Lets hope that he continues his exam prep with macroeconomics 🙂
Richard Vurdela – No one commanded a classroom like he did. I enjoyed the way the course was taught and structured.
Tracey Oh – In her first year at B.C.I.T. she really made a big difference helping us out with accounting 1.
This award was also a very tough one to give out. It was a race between Matt Baxter and Dalton Burgess.
Congratulations Mr. Burger, you have taken home the coveted award.
This award was a toss up between two set B fellows. The first showed the kind of poise that is most appropriate for a board meeting. The second showed the kind of flair that you see from the guy selling slap chops. Michael Mak narrowly beats out Klarence Gamba for the master debater.
Team Diversity (Jay Ho, Rafael, Nima, Morvarid, Miranda and Therealtimchow)
“Buddy brooooooo!” -Nima
“BEST TIME OF MY LIFE!!! XD” – Klarence Gamba after the Operation Terror presented by The Campus Lite
“where Q naught and P naught are at equilibrium” -either Wayne or Dalton
“Got dang, there’s a m*ther f*cking rock in my shoe.” -Chris Craxton
“I ride in the back of cars and the front of airplanes b%tches” -Dalton
“I can’t WAIT until 10 am December 10th” -Tara Chapman
“I’ll be your sugar mama until you can be my sugar daddy.” -Tara Chapman
“I’m going to rock this exam.” -Therealtimchow
“You mean the one we just finished?” -me
“Oh shitt…..” -Therealtimchow
“Or if your a black rapper you would say, fiddy cent” – Leslie Fairburn
“Yeaaaaaaahhh” – Pri Ya
“Lorraine. I’m playing you the world’s smallest violin.” -Niko
“The best is to be monkey smart….These people just get things done” -Dean
“You know that saying “Those who can’t do teach?” It’s not true. “Those who can’t do teach at UBC.” – anonymous student or teacher I forget
- Garibaldi Camping/Hiking Trip – Therealtimchow conquered muscular atrophy and made it down the mountain. A betting man would have lost that day. “Anna’s cooking is the best”-therealtimchow
- Bowling at REVS – “Hey you guys are the OPMT people.” Lots of bzzrs, fun and Elena dancing that night.
- Hookah – It’s a love/hate relationship with my lungs, but good times are had. Collectively we have been there so many times that we could have bought many hookahs. However, Habibi (our friend who works there) is the king of customer service, hands down.
- Operation Terror Halloween Boat Cruise – 10 shooters for $20 dollars. Chris ended up shirtless in the picture above. Enough said 🙂
- Volleyball – with a rag tag crew, we managed to have teams ranked #1 and last place in our pool. Anna was cute as a button and even had a game within spike-tip! Natalia showed us her powerful swings (she’s quite strong). Dalton dazzled us with his serve. Chris chose to use his head or foot whenever he had a chance. “He does what he wants.”
- Apics PDM – Informative. The networking was nice and the food was great.
- Studying at eHpod/Stacks and exam preps – We really rallied together and tried to help each other out. Disregarding the Law of Diminishing Marginal Returns, it was a great experience.
- Earls/Vancouver Giants Hockey Game/Chris’ B-day/Exams are over – That was a fun day. Elena and Nadia were dancing yet again. Chris had a nice glazed over look in his eyes which meant success.
- Handing out socks- With a small crew we went to the DTES and gave out many bags of socks, toothbrushes and gloves. It was a real eye opening experience. I thought I had an idea of what it’s like there, but I didn’t. I still don’t. There will be a round 2, but this time we will be bringing reinforcements.
Thanks to all those students in OPMT, BMGT, MKTG, INTT, ITMG and FMGT for a great semester. Also Apics, BCITMC, BCITMA and SIFE!